Vacancy – Structural Engineer DOT
DOT is a pioneering company revolutionizing the future of wind energy by challenging the status quo in offshore wind development. Be it by redesigning the energy transmission system of an offshore wind farm, by combining a hydraulic wind turbine with a desalination plant, by reinventing the connection between a wind turbine and its foundation pile and many more. We believe to achieve the next level in technological development through fast-paced innovation.
We are looking for an ambitious and talented colleague to fill in the position of a Structural Engineer to contribute his knowledge to the team. Your initial tasks will lie in familiarizing yourself with one of our key engineering solutions for speeding up the installation of offshore wind farms – The Slip Joint. Being one of the few companies in the world to have applied this technology at large scale on a wind turbine, you will be involved in supporting clients and/or colleagues in solving problems related to the Slip Joint technology.
- Work with the DOT team on designing, procuring and assembling our systems.
- Engineering and procurement of structural components in our system.
- Performing and reporting (FE-) calculations.
- Developing and upgrading design tools.
- HBO/WO educational level in Engineering.
- Background in Civil, Geotechnical or Offshore Engineering.
- Investigative, creative and flexible working style, able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and tasks.
- An eye for detail and the ability to dissect in-house engineering knowledge into a cohesive, understandable narrative for colleagues and clients.
- Good communication skills, not hesitant to ask questions.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Experience with Matlab/Python.
- Experience with interpreting FE models.
- Working proficiency in Dutch, spoken and written.
- Driving license B.
Enthusiastic about the job opportunity or still got more question about the open position?
Send an email to HR@dob-academy.nl. Don’t forget to include your CV when applying for this position.