Wind to water
Using the DOT reverse osmosis set-up, seawater can be pressurized and used to both desalinate water and power a Pelton generator that supplies the necessary energy supply. It creates the opportunity for sustainable, independent & local fresh water production. The water can be used for industry purposes, irrigation, hydrogen production or drinking water.
- 71 % of the global population lives under conditions of moderate to severe water scarcity
- Desalination is becoming a widely adopted technology to combat water scarcity
- 18.426 plants in over 150 countries producing 32 Bn m³ of fresh water annually
- Average growth of 7-9% per year
- Sea water reverse osmosis (SWRO) represents 63 % of the global desalination capacity